With the resumption of scheduled commercial flight operations from India, Air France customers will have access to destinations across the global network of Air France - KLM. Air France operates flights from 4 cities; Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai.
ESSENTIAL COVID-19 RELATED TRAVEL INFORMATION
1. Covid-19 Test Centers at the airport In India
Bengaluru: AURIGA CENTRE: (Located near departure gate 1) https://www.bengaluruairport.com/travellers/passenger-services/faqs-at-blr.html or https://testing-lab.com/covid19-testing-center RT – PCR : 5 hours or more Rapid Antigen test : 60 minutes For information on pre-booking facility visit aurigaresearch.in Delhi: GENESTRINGS LAB https://www.newdelhiairport.in/covid19 or https://www.newdelhiairport.in/covid19-rtpcr-test-appointment-booking RT-PCR : 6 hours or more Rapid Antigen test : 60 minutes
For Rapid Antigen tests : “ GARUDA” located at T3 departures, Forecourt opposite gate no. 2
Mumbai: LIFINITY LAB For information on current timelines applicable for RT- PCR at Mumbai, you are requested to directly check the latest information via https://csmia.adaniairports.com/notification.aspx . Passengers who wish to undertake the RT-PCR test before departure at Mumbai airport, please note the testing centre is relocated to Multi Level Car Parking, West Level P9 Rapid Antigen test : 60 minutes (Located at gate 2 and 3) Chennai: HINDLABS (HLL lifecare Limited) located at International Arrival Terminal (T3) https://myhindlab.com/MobVerifyPatRegistrationAAI.aspx RT-PCR : 8hours or more and TrueNat RT-PCR (3 or more hours). Rapid Antigen Test : Passengers are required to arrive at the airport at least 5.30 hours prior departure for registration formalities etc. Test report will be give within 60 minutes. Location : D8 Ground Floor, International Terminal
- Please note for Rapid Antigen Test: Indicative time to obtain test results is approximately 60 minutes. However, registration and testing procedure can take longer.
- In the current scenario with the rise in demand for RT-PCR and Rapid Antigen tests, all customers are personally responsible to check latest information on timelines via the links of testing centres as mentioned above and plan their arrival at the airport accordingly.
- In order to pre-register and arrange prior appointments, passengers are required to contact the centres at the airport directly. Cost of all tests are to be borne by the passengers.
Passengers are personally responsible to ascertain latest ENTRY Conditions, health & sanitation requirements at final destination. For general overview visit here .
2. Health Restrictions for Travel to France is lifted effective 1 August 2022, The French authorities have decided to lift all the health restrictions related to COVID-19 currently in force for travel from abroad to France, Corsica, and French overseas, as well as for travel between France and French overseas in both directions. The classification of countries (green, orange, red), which identifies zones of virus circulation, is also removed. Exceptions These new measures do not apply:
- For entry into Sint Maarten (SXM)
- For passengers CDG PPT and PPT CDG
- In addition to above, all passengers are personally responsible to arrange and be in possession of the required health and travel documentation such as passport, visas, health certifications any relevant documents for ENTRY into India.
- For departures ex India, passengers are required to check the ENTRY requirements at destination country.
- The regulations stated here are subject to updates.